About Chairman Mike Boyce
- During his nearly 30 years in the Marine Corps his leadership positions included command of a Marine Air Group, deputy commander of a Marine Base with mayor-like responsibilities for more than 10,000 military and civilian personnel, and a business enterprise of more than 400 employees with revenues exceeding $50 million. His military campaigns included Operations Desert Shield/Desert Storm in Iraq and Operation Restore Hope in Somalia.
- His budgetary experience includes a Pentagon team supervising development of a $22 billion budget and international experience with the Ministries of Defense of Macedonia and Iraq.
- He is a member for life in a number of national veterans groups including the American Legion, Marine Corps League and Disabled American Veterans.
- He is active within his church community at Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church and Walk to Emmaus.
- He has done grassroots work with the Cobb Republican Party and unseated an incumbent in winning election for chairman of the county in November 2016. Since assuming office he has fulfilled his campaign promises of funding the 2008 Parks bond and Pay Study for employees of the county, elected officials, and constitutional officers, and making the government more open and transparent by opening the budget process to be more inclusive of the Board of Commissioners.
- Chairman Boyce has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Notre Dame, a Master of Arts degree from Pepperdine University and is a distinguished graduate of the Naval War College.
- His wife Judy is a retired Delta Flight Attendant. They have three children and four grandchildren.
Subscribe to This Week with Chairman Mike Boyce!
If you have not received a confirmation email, check your spam folder.